1. Employ the services of a reputable Real Estate Agent.
2. Make sure you have your bank approval letter, or proof of funds letter or bank statement available, before writing a contract.
3. Make sure, to the best of your ability, that this property suits not only your needs now, but have at least a 3 to 5 year plan if possible.
4. Gain the services of a reputable, licensed and insured home inspection company.
5. Have all inspections and due diligence done in a timely manner.
6. Do not delay in getting bank conditions to your lender, to avoid unnecessary extensions and possibly costly delays.
7. Plan your move, and do not forget the logistics of moving any animals and/or livestock.
8. Apply for all utility services at your planned new location, well in advance.
9. Do not forget to forward your mail, and tell your neighbors you are moving.
10. Go to the closing, and last but not least, enjoy your new move and home!